Thursday, August 14, 2008

Franklin Templeton arrogance

Well Roger Federer lost today. That's great. Maybe I'll get to that in another post, but no promises. I must have said to Kerry "I still can't believe Federer lost to Blake" 5 times over the course of the day.

No, today I get something off my chest that's been bugging me for months now. You've seen them, those snide, insipid Franklin Templeton commercials. It seems the whole point of these commercials is to point out exactly how much of a n00bifier the viewer is at making investments. "YOU see a troubled steel business. WE see an opportunity to invest in a re-engineered steel company poised for a turnaround." How do they know I don't see a re-engineered steel company poised for a turnaround? In fact, I'm considered one of the world's foremost experts when it comes to evaluating steel companies and whether or not they are going to bite the dust in the next 12 months, or whether they're going to be Working Their Way Back (to you, babe). Ok that's not true, but these commercials make me doubly glad I'm with American Funds.



While I'm riffing; Womens Gymnastics - love Nastia Liukin. Lezzgo, Nastia. But what is the deal with Chellsie Memmel? She seems incapable of an open-eye hug. And did you catch the team final, the way the teammates cheered each other on? "C'mon, Shawn!" They said it with a pitiful desperation, the way I can imagine someone doing alone in the locker room after the meet is over, absently muttering to herself "c'mon shawn...c'mon."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're missing out. Franklin Templeton FTW!